Friday, February 17, 2012

Damaged Artillery Markers

I had some spare Old Glory French Artillery that had been painted before. After stripping the paint off them using Simple Green, I took to them with some small cutters. Broken wheels and chassies gave a destroyed look, although I am not sure how you would destroy artillery on the battlefield. Maybe with other artillery?

The artillery was primed with olive green undercoat, barrels bronzed and fittings painted black. I then used the black magic wash on the guns and let some drip onto the ground for a more blackened look.

I based them on the same bases as the normal artillery, added some ballast and flock. 7 done in an hour. The glue is still drying in the picture so you may see some white blobs. These will disappear tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment