I have five planned scenarios. Depending on the success of each, the Duke's forces will grow from scenario to scenario. Victory condition will be defined for each scenario with bonus depending on if it is a major or minor victory. Defeats may have consequences of a reduction in forces.
1. Capture the supplies
- A French garrison is waiting for a relief column with supplies of rifles and ammunition
- A small Brunswick force is looking to capture the supplies to outfit more battalions
- A major win will get another battalion of Line and Light fro the Black Band
2. Blow the bridge
- The French are after the Black Duke and his growing force
- The Duke has to beat a small French garrison in the village to then cross the river and blow the bridge
- A larger French brigade is in hot pursuit
- A major win will see another battalion of Line and Light join up
3. Take the stables
- In an effort to increase his calvary, the Duke has to capture three small villages and their stables
- There is a French cavalry brigade in the area, as well as the local garrisons
- A Brunswick major win will get a regiment of Hussars for the Black Band
4. Rescue the Duke's Uncle
- The Duke's Uncle has been captured by the French who are not happy at the Duke's adventures in the area.
- The Black Band must rescue the Uncle and his troops from a larger town under French control
- A major win will see more artillery and additional 6 troops (120 men) join each of the three Line and Light battalions
5. Escape to the coast
- The Duke and his men have arranged for the British Navy to take them off to England
- They must get to the Port, past the French division sent to catch them
- A small British brigade has secured the point and is sent out to assist the Duke's escape
I'm currently drawing up some maps and working out some OOB's for a reasonably balanced game. It will be slightly weighted in favor of the Brunswickers so it will flow through, but not a walk over. It also allows me to paint up the troops gradually for the later games.
I'll post the details of each scenario as I go.
Happy for any feedback or advice about making an enjoyable series of games.