|Before - game table in middle and everything else around the outside|
Nothing seems to have a permanent home. While striving for order in my armies, it is a shame there is no order in their presentation. Some random pictures hang crooked on the walls.
|Preparing for the new shelves|
I think you get the idea.
So the plan to change it into a more inspiring place :
- Removal of junk, cleanup, sort out and maybe a sell unused stuff
- Get most of the stuff off the floor where it can get stepped on! And have a dust free floor.
- Wall decorations - some recently bought full size flags to cover the empty walls, re-hang pictures in some order, Grenadier a Cheval sword on the wall
- Storage - trip to IKEA to get a selection of Billy shelves with doors and extra glass shelves. There are two tall shelves in the middle with glass doors for display and three half shelves with solid doors to hide boxes and other stuff. The tops of the half shelves can be used in games for rules, troop removals etc.
- Sort and order the display and storage of armies, projects, terrain and books. Needs to be inspiring and dust proof
- Free up the painting station so there is more room for WIP
- Make sure there is enough space around the game table to move well. I use three 6' x 4' MDF boards as a base so can have up to 12' x 6' for games
- Make a map table for a campaign map to be separate from the game table
|Ikea shipment ready for the allen key|
|After - dust free storage and order|
|Flags, notice board, map table|
|Extra glass shelves for miniatures|
|Lots of storage to hide the mess|